book3 600x120 7

by Judy Smith
(Fresno, CA, USA)

baby had piece in mouth 21907646


Graptopetalum & Pachyphytum succulent plants.

Luckily, these types of plants are not as toxic as plants in other species, but if the baby has actually swallowed the pieces, I wouldn’t waste any time taking the child and parts of the plant to the emergency room.

It is probably worth having some Syrup of Ipecac handy if this is a common problem; learn about how to use this emetic which will make the victim vomit.

Keep all succulents out of reach, including any fallen pieces – they are just too appealing to a certain age group.

Best of luck,
Jacki Cammidge, Certified Horticulturist